So I have this new ritual of drinking sweet tea after sex. If I try to drink it any other time, it doesn’t taste as good to me. If I drink something else besides sweet tea after sex, whatever I chose to drink tastes horrible. Imagine the horror I experienced two weekends ago, after returning from my trip, when I had no sweet tea in the house but had a whole lot of sex. Robbed. Short-changed. That’s how I felt.
Is it strange that I’ll imagine myself drinking sweet tea right before I orgasm? Man, I have some strange rituals. I can’t figure out why I get stuck in these rituals. It’s not like I set out to devote sweet tea as my after-sex drink … it just happened over a period of time.
It made me think of other strange sex-related rituals and phases of my past:
– sucking my own fingertips as I orgasm
– putting a small hand towel on the side of the bed to wipe my lover’s face
– making sure Depeche Mode Violator or Music for the Masses was playing during sex
– running around my house or apartment completely naked, making my lover chase me
– kissing the tip of my lover’s nose (gentle pecks almost obsessively)
– drinking this crazy XTC energy drink (when I lived in California) before any kind of sexual activity
– forcing my lover to lay on the floor as he makes love to me from behind, in front of a mirror
No big deal. Nothing too shocking. I’m sure there’s stuff I am forgetting about, but at periods of time, the above fetishes/rituals/phases added excitement during foreplay, during sex, or after sex. Or all three.
Anyway, anyway. Sweet Tea is my new thing and my lover knows that if I don’t get my sweet tea, I am going to kick his butt.
He came home with six gallons of sweet tea the other night. A nice gesture, but it also meant he thought it was going to be a busy weekend. Yikes. Well, it wasn’t the weekend event that he probably wanted (too tired), but we had some fun, I drank my tea, and I have plenty for this week.